Deeded to the city by
Mr. and Mrs. William Field in 1895, Kentmere Parkway
serves as a greenway between Brandywine and Rockford
Parks. Mature trees are seen along the green median,
and substantial homes line the roadway. The parkway
is also home to the Delaware Art Museum.
At the northwest end of the parkway
is the statue of Thomas F. Bayard, an original member
of the Board of Park Commissioners, and the first
U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain. On June 22, 1907,
five thousand people turned out to honor his memory
when the memorial was dedicated.