Alapocas Run Park between Augustine Cutoff and Route 141 encompasses 145 acres of woodland used by hikers and joggers.
This wooded park began with 123 acres deeded to the city in 1910, making it the last tract added to the Wilmington parks. By 1996 it had grown to 145 acres.
Alapocas Run, formerly known as Blue Ball, has been developed by the Division of Parks & Recreation as additional recreational area for walking, jogging and hiking. A former dairy barn was converted to meeting space for rent and houses the Division’s Folk Art collection.