Art in the Park Silent Auction
Call for EntriesOur parks inspire us with their treasures every day. We are so lucky to have such beauty and natural spaces linked like jewels through downtown Wilmington. Friends of Wilmington Parks is excited to offer a call for artists to enter our Art in the Park Silent Auction. The Auction will be presented at our October Foodie Friday event and benefits FOWP. Artists are invited to submit 3 pieces of art for consideration. All media is welcome. The entries will be juried for theme and quality. Artists receive 70% of the proceeds from the auction of their work. Artists must be 18 or older to participate. Submit your application and images before September 15, 2023 for consideration. Accepted artists will be notified by email by September 22nd. All entry fees are non-refundable.
ThemeWe are lucky to have such beautiful, historic, and natural parks here in Wilmington. Friends of Wilmington Parks would like to celebrate the 5 parks that we support: Brandywine Park, Alapocas Run State Park, Rockford Park, H. Fletcher Brown State Park and Kentmere Parkway. All artwork must celebrate, depict or be inspired by any of the Wilmington State Parks or Alapocas Run State Park. The link between the artwork and the theme must be strong and recognizable.
Rules and Eligibility
- Artists must be 18 years or older to apply.
- All backgrounds, skill levels and styles accepted.
- All visual media accepted: Painting, Mixed Media, Photography and Sculpture.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Each artist is invited to submit a maximum of 3 images at $10/image.
- Images must be original artwork created by the submitting artist.
- All artwork must be appropriately framed or mounted with hanging wire.
- Artwork must measure no larger than 36 x 36 inches.
Art in the Park Silent Auction
- When: At Foodie Friday, October 6th, 5:00 – 8:00pm.
- Where: Blue Ball Barn, Alapocas Run State Park
- What is a Foodie Friday: Foodie Fridays are monthly events, open to the public, that offer food trucks, live music and adult beverages. Folks come hang out to hear the band, order some food and a few beers and visit with friends. We generally have around 200 guests at these events, all of whom are invited to participate in the Silent Auction. You are encouraged to bring friends and family to join the party.
- Preview Party: Friends of Wilmington Parks members will be invited to a special preview of the auction from 5:30 -6:00. They will be invited into the auction space and will be able to open the bidding for artwork. At 6:00, the public will be invited in to bid.
- Artwork Handling: Friends of Wilmington Parks will install the auction exhibit on October 5th. Artists will not be able to move artwork once it is placed. All artwork will be paid for and carried out by the buyer the evening of the event. No artwork will be held for pickup. Artists must remove all unsold artwork at the end of the event.
- Marketing: Art in the Park Silent Auction and Foodie Fridays are extensively marketed on social media and the FOWP website and publications. Accepted artists will be included in the marketing materials. Artists are encouraged to share the event with their social media networks, prospective buyers, friends, and family and invite them to join us.
- Payment: Friends of Wilmington Parks will send checks for 70% of the proceeds of each work to the artist by October 15th.
Auction TermsAll accepted submissions will be auctioned at the Art in the Park Silent Auction presented at the October Foodie Friday on October 6th. Your art will be auctioned with minimum bids and incremental bidding in a silent auction format. The artist will receive 70% of the proceeds from their works. Friends of Wilmington Parks will receive 30%. Artists will receive a check by mail dated prior to October 15th.
Entry Fees$10/piece of artwork. Each artist is invited to submit a maximum of 3 pieces of work for consideration. Entry fees are due at the time of application and are not refundable.
- File Size: Max 2MB
- Format: jpg, jpeg, png, only
- Composition: No frames, mats, or watermarks in the submission image please. Artwork will need to be appropriately framed or wired for the auction.
- Labeling: FirstName-LastName-TitleofArt.jpeg
- Entry Deadline – September 15, 2023
- Acceptance Announcement – September 22, 2023
- Art Delivery Date – October 3, 2023
- Artist Payment – October 15, 2023
Usage and Copyrights
- Artwork will only be used for marketing, promotional, and display purposes. This includes featuring artwork on the FOWP or Wilmington State Parks website, social media platforms, etc.
- Artist shall retain all copyrights of any image they submit to Friends of Wilmington Parks.
- The images will not be resold, exchanged, or copied.
How to Enter?
- Review the Guidelines: Take a moment to carefully read and understand the competition guidelines.
- Capture High-Quality Images: Make sure to capture high-resolution images that accurately represent your piece. Clear and well-lit photographs will help showcase your artwork in the best possible way.
- Complete the Submission Form: Fill in the required information, including your name, contact details, and a brief description of your artwork. Be sure to provide accurate information about your piece.
- Upload Your Artwork: Using the provided upload feature, attach your high-quality image file(s) of the artwork. Double-check that the files are properly attached before finalizing your submission.
- Entry Fee: Follow the payment instructions provided on the submission form. Ensure that you complete this step to complete your entry process.
- Submission Confirmation: After successfully submitting your artwork and completing the necessary steps, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your entry.
- Acceptance: Your artwork will be juried for acceptance into the auction. You will receive an email with your acceptance(s) by September 22, 2023.