Located downstream from Brandywine Park, H. Fletcher Brown Park is the smallest of the parks in the Wilmington State Parks. The park features an overlook with scenic views of the Brandywine River as well as the historic millrace that provides a good portion of Wilmington’s water supply.
This small park is at the intersection of South Park Drive and North King Street, the site of the former H. Fletcher Brown Vocational High School and the earlier Old Soldiers’ Park. Named for renowned Wilmington chemist and philanthropist Harry Fletcher Brown (1867-1944), the park attracts a diverse group of visitors. The Park features works of renowned Wilmington sculpture Charles Parks.
H. Fletcher Brown Park is the perfect spot for a quiet lunch or break from a busy day.
Support the upkeep and beauty of H. Fletcher Brown Park!